Re: Not HTML

by "Katherine Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>

 Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:18:31 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael,
This can be a complicated thing, and frankly many webmasters abuse their
knowledge in this area.  It is best if the domain name is maintained by the
client.  You can register it for them, but you'll need their credit card
info.  You can still be the administrative contact, but if you register it,
then it belongs to you.  This can lead to a law suit down the line if you
don't want to relinquish it to the client.  Or what if you don't pay the
bill?
This is just my opinion.
Kate Pollara