Re: Table problems with netscape....

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:28:00 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ed:

Please do not misunderstand. I do NOT mean to sound as though this is a put
down. It is very hard to kid someone with plain text ...

But as has been pointed out over and over to the point of nausea--Netscape
does NOT do CSS, (styles) well at all--no how--no way!!

And Bart has a very good point. Often Netscape MUST have "something" in a
cell for it to display properly.

Still--I am tempted to suggest you form your table with straight HTML and
you will have no problem.

Something like this:

      <center>

Of course, you can change the spacing, percentages and border to whatever
you like. Also, Netscape may--or may not--like the &nbsp's (non-breaking
spaces). They are optional.

I too am intrigued with XHTML and I do use styles in a very limited way. But
if one gets even a little fancy with CSS, Netscape runs away faster than a
baseball player on a rainy day.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA