Re: site map documentation tool

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:42:35 -0000
 To:  "Pinder,
Susan" <spinder(at)stlawrencecement.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Susan

You might want to take a look at PowerMapper by Electrum
(http://www.electrum.co.uk/).  I think it may fit your requirements.

It's a site mapping tool which automatically creates the thumbnail page
images for you and generates a graphic site map (choice of several
styles of site map) which can be used as a web page site map (each
thumbnail being a hyperlink to the appropriate page) and can be printed
out.  Their product info states that it will follow javascript links and
links in java applets as well as standard links.  Lots of other
features, two versions (Standard and Professional) and very reasonably
priced.  Can be downloaded and evaluated for 30 days (evaluation version
produces "watermarked" site maps).  I tried it out a while ago and
reckon it's one of the best site mapping tools I've seen.

I should add that:

a. It's only available for PC I think.
b. I believe you need to have IE3+ installed to run it, though the site
maps it produces can be viewed in any 3+ graphical browser.
c. I have no connection with either the company or the product.  Just
something I ran across in the course of a web search and was impressed
by it.

Regards,
Donna
--