Re: HTML editors for Linux

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:28:23 -0400
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I just installed nedit on Red Hat 6.1.  Its a text editor, very
customizable.  Not only does it support syntax highlighting, but also has a
options for macros and shell commands using a fairly easy scripting
language.  I've already added a highlighting profile for HTML that is
superior to the default (MHO), and added a buncha HTML shortcuts to the
right-click menu and the macro menu...things like inserting various
formfiles, or table code.

In appearance and functionality, it has similarities to many Windows apps,
including my favorite, EditPlus.  It also comes as an RPM for Red Hat.