Re: Opinions wanted

by "Ben Bradley UK" <bradley(at)mudmail.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 5 Aug 2000 17:37:28 +0100
 To:  "Freda Lockert" <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>,
"HWG" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yeah this annoys me too.
IE5 (not sure about 4) automatically launch Excel and Word files in the
browser when you download them but I've never heard of one opening up word.
Are you sure you didn't click 'Open File From its Current Location' instead
of 'Save To Disk' when the dialogue comes up for an http or ftp file
transfer request from the browser?

Ben Bradley UK
Creative Director
http://www.thenetzone.co.uk