Re: Using font and tables vs. css and absolute positioning - was : JavaScript nonsense

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Dec 2001 02:26:37 -0800
 To:  "Thomas Rumley" <redo4you(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Thomas,

The font tag is depreciated because voice-browsers render it very badly.
When you want that people with only voice-browsers (that are most blind
people)  also see or better hear  your page reading to them, you must avoid
a font tag and use CSS to format your texts..

In my eyes blind people have also the democratic right to see my sites.So I
avoid fonttags and make my pages so accessible as possible, because that
also benefits all the visitors of my sites..
Assistive Technologies are often build on DTDs.. the more you are coding
according to DTD, the more your sites will be rendered well to disabled
people..

I also learnt that the more span tags I have, the worse my coding  is .  I
always yield out my span tags as much as possible when I overlook the code
of one of my pages for a second time..

Greetings

Ineke van der Maat