Re: Is There Any Way??

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:14:25 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mark:

It can be easy or impossible, depending on the font used and
whether you have it available.

Simply use the "Rubber Stamp / Clone / Picker / Duplicator" or
whatever your bitmapped, (photo), program calls the ability to
pick up pixels in one spot while you deposit them in another.

Use it to remove the old number(s) and then use the Text Tool to
add new numbers. NOTE: Some of the less expensive programs do not
allow you to shape the text by stretching and/or squeezing, etc.
thus making it very hard to match the old text. When this
happens, just "clone" out all of the numbers and start fresh with
new ones using a font that is a close match. It often helps to
save the image using a new name after the cloning process just in
case one gets messy. (Or is that just me?)

If you are lucky enough to have a program like Canvas, you can
use "Vector" text right over the top and employ all the full
blown tricks of topography, such as kerning, character width and
stroke as well as color the outlines and change their width.

When you get it done to your liking, select it all and save the
whole new image, (vector text and all), as a .gif with any color
reduction, transparency, etc. you wish.

It's usually easier than I make it sound.
Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com

>I don't know if this is possible (or proper for this forum). Is
there
>any way to take this gif file and edit the text that it
contains. I need