Re: search engine aquisition

by "Edge" <sbibby(at)cgocable.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:21:18 -0800
 To:  "bob & joanne hicks" <overlocker(at)ev1.net>,
"hwg- basics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

I gave a quick look at your page and source code, and there area a few
things that would answer your questions.
Search engines these days are quite picky and some take up to 3 months to
index a site.

Looking at your site:

- Put your title before your meta tags, as I said, they are picky.
- Make sure your title is actually the title of that page.  Welcome is what
will appear as the header in your listing.
- Put your description meta tag before your keyword meta tag. Again, they
are picky.
- Spamming search engines is something you definetely don't want to do and
unfortunately you have.  Repeating your main keyword more than 3 or 4 (4 is
pushing it) is considered spamming.  I noticed storage repeated too much.
- Make sure all your keywords are reflected in that page content.  Too many
words in your keyword tag that aren't in the body of your tag will get you
penalized as well.
- I didn't count, but check and make sure you don't have too many keywords
as well.  A good rule of thumb is no more than 850 characters.
- This is a small thing, but I have seen a page or 2 get penalized or use of
capital letters.  I noticed you used them once in your description.
Probably won't make a difference, but everything counts.
- Content on your page is important as well.  Some search engines may not
find enough text content here, but that is questionable.

@SubmissionsPlus
sbibby(at)cgocable.net
Professional Search Engine Submission and followupIn your description, don't
include the title of your page.