Re: Really basic question - including code

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:05:54 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hugh:

>Question: What's the difference between using "#include file="
and "#include
>virtual="?   Do they perform the same function?

I'm no expert but I "think" I read somewhere that "virtual" tells
the server to look for the files in some directory, other that
the one the page is in. Otherwise they are the same. I have
always used "#include virtual= filename.ext" and it seems to work
no mater where the file is.

Though this satisfies my simple mind, I must admit to a nagging
fear that there just might be more to it than this. Some of the
others may be able to elaborate.

I went looking for: http://www.coffeebeanshop.com/beantest.shtml
but got a File Not Found message. I suspect you may have deleted
it before I got to the computer today. (Lots going on.) Your
original page looks just fine and I suspect the page with the
include files will be identical.

Best to All and I hope all of you have more snow than we do in
Redding. Santa gave us a big, lingering High Pressure Area for
Xmas.
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

P.S. Sorry to see Dead Brain Cells trademarked. And here I always
thought it was generic to the various web breeds.

>Thanks, Ted.
>
>Dead Brain Cells(tm) kept me from remembering the structure.
I've got it