Re: Scanner Interfaces...

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:09:20 -0400
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Donna,

The interface they are referring to is simply the connection between the
computer and any peripheral (external) device such as printers, scanners,
etc. Older Macintosh computers typically used SCSI and older PC's used
parallel.  Today USB is used on both types of computers along with their
respective older style interfaces.  A parallel interface has a 25 pin
connector that is kind of rectangular with rounded corners.  I don't
remember how many pins a SCSI has but they are not really pins, there're
flat contacts on the inside of the connector, both top and bottom.  This
connector is also rectangular in shape with rounded corners.  USB is quite
different.  It is much smaller than the other two and almost square.  It is
approximately under a half inch across.

hope this helps,
Steve