Re: PDF

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:14:32 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Julie:

As I do my PDF converting in Canvas, I must qualify my response. Results may
be different with a PDF file created in Adobe's Distiller.

However, if you are viewing the Excel document in Acrobat Reader, you can --
WELL--SORT OF -- put it back in Excel.

Just click on the OCR button, (the dashed rectangle with abc in it), and
then hold down the shift key while "selecting" the table you desire. Choose
Copy from the menu or Control-C.

Open a new Excel workspace/spreadsheet and Choose Paste from the menu or
Control-V.

I have tried this a couple of times and, depending on the data, sometimes it
works flawlessly and sometimes the data conversion wizard gizmo pops up,
(sort of like when trying to insert a table for MS Publisher into Excel.

Like I said, the accent is on "sort-of".

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net