RE: Test Message

by "Hugh Blair" <hblair(at)hotfootmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:56:08 -0600
 To:  "'Anthony Romano'" <datachem(at)shadow.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> -----Original Message-----
> On Behalf Of Anthony Romano
>=20
> This is a test message
>=20

Oh! How could I ignore this lovely piece of craftsmanship? Oh, yes, it
had=20
flaws, sure: lack of punctuation, no capital letters, but the topic is
rather=20
nice. I like it! I give you an A-. Yes, I think you are off to a fine
start in=20
the world of tests! Keep up the good work, and make this nation proud!
AMERICA=20
SALUTES YOU! (and if you do well on your next test, you might even get
some=20
medals and a free toaster!! :))

You showed total disregard for the spacebar.  You did not capitalize=20
the word 'test' at all.  Not *once*.  Plus, the way the words first
start=20
to fan out horizontally and then take a vertical descent really bothers=20
me.  I mean, you could have at least thrown in a comma or two.
Definitely=20
not A- material.  I change this to a B+ instead.

I admire the original poster of this message for their bravery in
posting a=20
test, though they lacked the proper training and did not know how to
present a=20
more professional test. I do believe, though, that to present a test,
one must=20
go to the University of Professionally Presented Tests (UPPT).
Therefore, in=20
order to properly educate the Internet population on the subject of
posting=20
tests, I will be taking requests via email for the Official Guide To
Tests=20
(written by yours truly) and, if one wishes to gain an even broader=20
understanding of the fine art of tests) an application to UPPT. We have
many=20
forms for test writing, and, if you are not sure if a degree in Test
Writing=20
is for you, here is just one sample of our many test forms.

 I [your name here], do hereby decree that this test is my own work and
state=20
 that I will fully hold the burden of the blame if there is any
physical,=20
 psychological, or other damage to any person or persons reading this
whether=20
 they be male, female, extraterrestrial, transsexual, or otherwise. I
also state=20
 the fact that no animals were harmed in the process of this test, and
that no=20
 children will be without food and clothing due to it. I sincerely hope
that=20
 no elderly women have had a heart attack while reading this test,
jumped off=20
 of a flying squirrel, wanted to be a lumberjack, bought a dead parrot,
were=20
 killed or suffered supreme pain by hearing the word "Ni" or Jehovah",
or=20
 decided as a result of this test to put on fishnets and a garter belt
and do=20
 the time warp again. If you have any complaints about this test or have
found=20
 it in any way offensive, I will PERSONALLY, and I emphasize the word=20
 "PERSONALLY", come around to your house, drag you out by the scruff of
your=20
 neck, belt you around the mouth, and mouth you around the belt, do you=20
 understand what I'm saying? Following this, I will proceed to paint
your=20
 house a lovely color, wash your car, take your kids to the zoo (and, if
you=20
 lack in children, take an entire grade school of poor children who have
been=20
 deprived of the experience of a zoo), clip your nose hair, shave your=20
 tongue, and take you out to a lovely dinner in Paris. Thank you, and
have an=20
 extremely nice day.
=20
Now THAT is a fine example of a properly presented test. If you are
interested=20
in reading the Official Guide To Tests, or the application to UPPT, I am
just=20
an email away and will send either or both out ASAP, or as soon as I,
er,=20
*cough* WRITE it, whichever may come first. Thank you and please ignore=20
spelling errors, they are the result of my evil twin and do not in any
way=20
express my personal views, you silly pooftah.

----------------answer to test message-----------------
 I Jason C. Greb, do hereby decree that this test is my own work and
state  that I will fully hold the burden of the blame if there is any
physical,  psychological, or other damage to any person or persons
reading this whether  they be male, female, extraterrestrial,
transsexual, or otherwise. I also state  the fact that no animals were
harmed in the process of this test, and that no  children will be
without food and clothing due to it. I sincerely hope that  no elderly
women have had a heart attack while reading this test, jumped off  of a
flying squirrel, wanted to be a lumberjack, bought a dead parrot, were
killed or suffered supreme pain by hearing the word "Ni" or Jehovah", or
decided as a result of this test to put on fishnets and a garter belt
and do  the time warp again. If you have any complaints about this test
or have found  it in any way offensive, I will PERSONALLY, and I
emphasize the word  "PERSONALLY", come around to your house, drag you
out by the scruff of your  neck, belt you around the mouth, and mouth
you around the belt, do you  understand what I'm saying? Following this,
I will proceed to paint your  house a lovely color, wash your car, take
your kids to the zoo (and, if you  lack in children, take an entire
grade school of poor children who have been  deprived of the experience
of a zoo), clip your nose hair, shave your  tongue, and take you out to
a lovely dinner in Paris. Thank you, and have an  extremely nice day.