RE: I posted this several days ago,

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:39:42 -0700
 To:  "0-Basic HTML Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I do not know why a Java applet would reload, but then I know nothing of
Java Applets.
The Jpeg and the GIG would have been saved to your cache separately from the
html., and would be used if available or reloaded if missing WITH THIS
EXCEPTION: If the original html specified a relative location for the
resource it would be sought locally, where as if an absolute file name was
specified in the html, then the browser would always look back to that
absolute source for the resource.

Or at least this is my understanding of how things work.

Elias