Re: Homesite vs Frontpage

by "Susan Kemp" <SusanKemp(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Sep 2000 17:50:43 -0400
 To:  "HTML" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If your downloading through the Net it can take hours.  The value of buying
it directly from them on CD is you get the book with it rather than having
to deal with searching through help. It costs $10 more.  Also I bought
Homesite for Dummies and Teach Yourself Homesite 4 from Amazon.  Its hard to
find in regular bookstores.

I chained myself to the house for a long 3-day Memorial Day weekend and
emerged pretty comfortable with working the program.  Over the rest of the
summer I've learned more and more, although relative addressing is STILL
occasionally baffling me.

The way a friend explained it to me was that as long as I was dependent on
Frontpage 2000 or any WYSIWYG I couldn't truly consider myself a web
developer and neither would most employers looking for a web designer.  This
is not meant to start a flame war, honestly.  Its just the mantra I've been
going by.  If I had my way I'd stick with Frontpage because its infinitely
easier to use.  But I keep encountering servers that are not FP friendly.

Susan Kemp
OCFS Internet Services
SusanKemp(at)earthlink.net