Re: adding site to search engines

by "Pamela Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:26:42 -0500
 To:  "Jim" <jimb(at)aci.on.ca>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jim,

> ...I am not having much luck in finding it.
> ... http://www.exoticautoinc.com

I'm no expert on search engine placement, but I do a lot of searching. When
I searched Google on "exoticautoinc" you are numbers 1&2, and #3 is an
archived email of yours.
However, when I searched on "exotic auto" the field was very crowded and
your site showed up at the fourth level down- farther than I generally go.
If I were looking for a hummer - one of your specialites -  that's what I
would tend to search on, or some variant of that. I didnt see you listed at
all under "hummer" (though I gave up looking at level 5 in Google).

You could add some more specific terms to your meta tags and to your opening
paragraphs of text.