Re: Pop-up window

by "Thomas Rumley" <redo4you(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:48:30 -0500
 To:  "HWG Basics List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
To spring a pop up window is fairly simple. The first step is to include the
page jumping javascript of the jump box into your page. In this case were
putting the script right inside of the head section.

You can cut and past here and then change it as you need to.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function formHandler(form) {
var windowprops =
"height=500,width=500,location=no,scrollbars=no,menubars=no,toolbars=no,resi
zable=yes";var URL = form.site.options[form.site.selectedIndex].value;
popup = window.open(URL,"MenuPopup",windowprops);
}
// End -->
</script>

And the second step is to include the actual html for the select list.

<form name=form>
<select name=site SIZE=1 onChange="formHandler(this.form)">
<option value="http://www.yoursite.com">Go to....
<option value="http://www.yahoo.com">Yahoo
<option value="http://www.metacrawler.com">Metacrawler
<option value="http://www.altavista.digital.com">Altavista