Re: frames compatibility<OPINION TIME !!>

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:26:45 -0000
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, folks...

> Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:44:31 -0500
> From: "Kate Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>
> Subject: Re: frames compatibility<OPINION TIME !!>
>
> Dennis,
> that was more than an opinion.  If your opinion holds true, and I suspect
it
> does, that was an important lesson.  I find this information about
> inaccessability of frames all very disappointing. It is unfortunate that
> frames don't work for the disabled.  I personally am a neophyte and have
> designed only one frames-based page, but I feel that the frames can give
the
> page structure without getting into complicated nested tables and offer
> infinite design options.  Perhaps I am naive?
>
> OK.  So if you provide a non-frames page for every frames page, is that
OK?

I personally use the noframes tag, and add a little explanatory text, along
with advice. You can see an example in the source of
http://www.the-isg.co.uk/practical-airsoft/index.html. This includes a link
to the contents listing page, which them goes on to advice the use of the
'back' button. Simple, yes. Easy, probably not, but it saves on server
space, and at least provides a non-frames usage capability.

Just my five pence worth!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message may not
be those of the ISG. The information in this email and in any
attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or use this email for
any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other
person - you should also destroy this message, delete any copies
held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.