Re: HTML newsletters

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Wed, 23 May 2001 15:58:46 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Tue, 22 May 2001 17:45:01 -0700, Maria Marsala
(maria(at)coachmaria.com) wrote...

> Subject: RE: HTML newsletters
>
> My main question is this: is it possible to embed images into an
HTML
> message so that it doesn't matter whether the recipient has Internet
access?
> If it is possible, do I need any special software to accomplish
this, or
> will MS Outlook 2000 suffice?
> Paul Hobbs
>
> ==========
> Only way I know how to do this is to include the pictures
attachments you
> use as part of the message.  OR if you're on a network, put the
files in a
> place on the network so that the HTML in your code can link to that.
OR
> don't use any graphics (just use different colors and fonts in the
code)

Agreed. Even Chris Pirillo's vastly popular 'Lockergnome'
(www.lockergnome.com) e-mail newsletter links to graphics used in it,
thus preserving his layout and format (reminder - remember, if you pay
for on-line time, to log OFFLINE, before reading it, to prevent the
Windoze DUN from trying to connect, lol!).

Hope this helps as well.

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.