Re: CSS-Newbie

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:56:53 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jakob:

The easy way to have more than one CSS StyleSheet on the same
page is to make them all external and "call" them as needed.
Though there are different methods, It would look similar to
this:

<LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="temer-2.css" TYPE="text/css">

In my case, I have .css files named "temer-1.css", "temer-2.css",
"temer-3.css" and so on.

Each file has different attributes and I employ them in much the
same way as one employs Styles in Word or WordPerfect. In this
manner, the page abides by whatever style is called until
overridden by calling another one.

And--By using external stylesheets one can make the changes
throughout the whole site by simply changing the appropriate CSS
file.

Note: In some browsers--If you have a StyleSheet in the HEAD of
the page, it may override locally called styles once you go from
one table to another. As this is spotty and unpredictable, (at
least--to the simple mind), and effects only single pages rather
than the whole site, we have pretty much stopped using CSS files
in the HEAD sections of pages.

Also, beware of using CSS INSIDE SSI files. They tend to bite
when your not looking.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA