Re: invisible border (was background problems in Netscape 4.7

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:11:21 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Choice 1:  put in the border='0' attribute and validate for
Transitional

Choice 2: validate strict, which means noncompliant browsers will
not see the site the same way as compliant ones.

This is essentially the choice you faced when you decided to
validate strict.  If your content is still usable/accessible in
NN4.x, then you have done your job.  If it is important that the
page look primo in NN4.x, you should validate transitional or go
with 3.2.  To validate strict and also worry about every little
detail in NN 4.x seems like a sure course to higher stress
levels...:)