Re: hwg mailing list Protocol ???

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 16:39:57 -0400
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kate,

I can definitely understand  where you're coming from, but can't you
identify hwg-basics mail from the "To:" field of your incoming message?  I
know every hwg-basics mail message I get has just such an identification.
Granted, I have to click on the message to view the "To:" field.  To
mitigate that pain, you could create a filter that will help you identify
the message (again using the "To:" field to key on).  That's exactly what I
do.  Since there are so many messages generated from this list, I have them
sent automatically to their own folder.  I can see where this would come
into play if someone is replying to you off-list (privately).  But here too,
I'd be able to identify the source because I'd recognize the subject as one
I originally created or replied to myself.  If their is something I'm
overlooking, or have just plain missed the point, please enlighten me :{)

BTW-  These kinds of suggestions are also perfect subject matter for the
list guides.

Just some thoughts, hope this helps,
Steve

p.s.  It feels good to be back