Re: Egads

by "Peter Newton" <c-newton(at)ihug.co.nz>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:01:12 +1300
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Debra,

I have to admit I did not take a look at the product to see what it actually
does and I really should do that. It probably is no where near as harmful as
this sort of thing could be.

If the program allows you to alter the text only but not the font, size,
color etc it should not be too bad otherwise we are looking at browser
compatibilty questions verses WC3 standards and Doctypes etc in deciding
exactly HOW we set the font, color etc.

For example maybe we used a strict DTD and put the font info into a seperate
CSS file. How would this package handle it. If it simply inserts text like
put up the W3C Icon saying it meets those standards then it could cause
problems.

Anyway I don't mean to knock a product that someone has probably put hours
of time into, on the other hand the selling remarks quoted do not show any
serious business objectives to the package as a whole so I'm still leaning
towards  viewing it as gimmicky toy which could cause problems.

But I'm open to be corrected on this.

I can see a potential for changing prices etc however a well integrated
database system should be the real solution to this.

Peter Newton