Re: Basic questions and Thanks!

by "Starr Wolf Design" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:14:25 -0500
 To:  <tjtmd(at)ibm.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tanya:

An image will generally tile if it is shown on any resolution larger than
its size. However, you don't have to make a humongous image to have it not
tile. There are many ways to do this, one of which is this...

Make a smaller image and set it in the <body> tag with a matching or
complimentary BG color and both will be the actual BG. However, the blending
will give the impression the of a larger BG image. The resolution does not
control the image, either, thus, no tiling.

If you want the image to tile you can do it many different ways other than
1000 x 1200 or some such hugeness. You can tile an image by width or length.

For example, an image 20 x 1200 will tile horizontally and fill any
resolution. An image 1200 x 20 will tile vertically filling the screen.

Play with the concept and you'll pick it up.

Glenda
SWD
http://www.starrwolf.com