Re: Vector Based Websites???

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:28:44 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
To: Dnyce 15 (Is that similar to Seven of Nine??)

A Vector web site is simply(??) a site that uses Vector graphics
and effects rather than bitmapped images. However, they often,
(always??), require the downloading of a plug-in such as Flash,
Acrobat, etc.

A Vector drawing is nothing more than a text file containing all
the math attributes, (angles or "vectors", lengths, circles,
etc.) to create the drawing.

Therefore a Vector graphic usually downloads in a tiny fraction
of the time of the slower bitmapped images but they would not
work with photos. Also, at this time, the world is flooded with
proprietary formats. A lot of work is being done about this and
Vector should become very popular for web work in the future just
as it is in the print media now.

Vector art is created in Illustrator, Canvas, Corel Draw, Windows
Draw, parts of Postscript and several others including a whole
suite of applications from Micromedia.

This is just the tip of the iceberg but I hope it helps ...

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

>Can someone please explain to me what a vector based website is?
Also, are