Re: "Revised" code

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:13:05 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ronnie:

There are all kinds of JavaScript's around to do this very thing. I have
included just one of them at the bottom of this message. Of course--like all
of them-- this script does not work in all browsers. But on the other hand,
it is about as simple as they get.

On the page it would look something like this:

Last updated on : 01/25/2001 10:53:08 GMT

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/novels/
www.newsredding.com/
www.ramac-rc.org/

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">
<!--
document.write("Last updated on : ")
document.write(document.lastModified)
file://-->
</SCRIPT>

You may want to add GMT just after the time for Greenwich Mean Time.

> Is there any javascript code that would automatically change the date on
the
> web page.  What I want to do is have the revised date change every time I
> make changes to the page so people know how old the info is.  Thanks
Ronnie