Re: Breaking up PDF files

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 6 May 2001 16:19:22 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Bella:

Easiest way I know of to copy from a PDF file is to simply open the file in
Acrobat Reader and Copy and Paste.

Select the text by choosing the little (OCR), [abc], icon and then do the
usual Click at the start and hold down the Shift Key. While holding the
Shift key, scroll down and click the end. This will select a range of text.
Then Control-C will copy it. (Also, there is a "Copy" option on the Edit
menu.)

As I recall--to copy a graphic to the clipboard--you draw a square around it
to select it. (Then Copy and Paste) Sorry--I don't seem to have a PDF
containing graphics handy to experiment with.

(There is a "Select Graphic" option on the Tools menu. Click on this before
drawing the box around the graphic you want to select.)

Below is a Copy and Paste from the Acrobat Help Menu:

Copying and pasting text and graphics
to another application

You can select text or a graphic in a PDF document,
copy it to the Clipboard, and paste it into a
document in another application such as a word
processor. You can also paste text into a PDF
document note or into a bookmark.
Once the selected text or graphic is on the
Clipboard, you can switch to another application
and paste it into another document.
Note: If a font copied from a PDF document is
not available on the system displaying the copied
text, the font cannot be preserved. Helvetica is
substituted.

Hope this helps

Best wishes
Ted Temer