RE: blink

by "Katherine Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:33:50 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Maria,
IN a word...don't.  First of all, this is considered seriously bad form
(you'll see when the reaction starts rolling in from this list).  Also,
blink only works in Netscape so you can't count on many people seeing it
since NN only represents about 13% of the market, assuming you appeal to the
general populace...maybe things are different in Scandinavia.

The best thing to do is to create an animated gif which requires some
graphics program like Macromedia Fireworks and will work on any browser.
Although there is more work involved, it it worth the effort.
Kate Pollara

IN a word...don't.  First of all, this is considered seriously bad form
(you'll see when the reaction starts rolling in from this list).  Also,
blink only works in Netscape so you can't count on many people seeing it
since NN only represents about 13% of the market, assuming you appeal to the
general populace.  The best thing to do is to create an animated gif which