Re: Another W3C strict query

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Sun, 26 May 2002 16:00:50 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello.......

You know, I'm going to sound very dumb here, but I'll take a chance. I've
heard it mentioned several times that it is possible to open a link in a new
window, by choice, but in all my years of using a computer, and about 2
years of designing websites, I've never heard of such a thing. And if I've
never heard of it, I'm imagining that a good many of the people that visit
my site don't know how to do it, either.

And, I know it has been mentioned that one should put instructions up on a
page to tell how to do this. However, the purpose of my site may be to
instruct visitors, but not to instruct them on how to use their computer. I
can't teach them everything, and don't believe I should have to.

Dusty