Re: Calling external stylesheets

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:51:59 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rosemary:

Here is the actual code from my magazine. The file is called
"temer-2.css" and it is physically located in the same folder as
the .htm pages.

<LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="temer-2.css" TYPE="text/css">

It is working at:
http://www.newsredding.com/ (among others) As it is a magazine,
only a few basic elements are used for browser compatibility.

I don't know if this is a "better way" but it does seem to work.
Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

>Hi all,
>
>I've just started experimenting with CSS and I'd like to call an
external
>CSS in the <HEAD>
>
>So far, I've seen two methods.
>
>Method 1:
>
><HEAD>
><LINK rel=stylesheet href="style.css" class="text/css">
></HEAD>
>
>Method 2:
>
><HEAD>
><STYLE type="text/css">
><!--
>@import url(style.css);
>-->
></STYLE>
></HEAD>
>

>I can get method 1 to work fine, Method 2 doesn't seem to work,
however.
>Anyone know why?
>
>And which is the better or more compatible way to call an
external CSS?