Re: Awards and award attitude :(

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:56:55 -0700
 To:  "Thomas James Allen" <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>
To: Paul Rudolf <paul(at)ntyc.net>
Cc: hwg-basics(at)hwg.org <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
Date: Saturday, September 25, 1999 4:15 AM
Subject: Re: Awards and award attitude :(

>At 11:29 PM 9/24/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>In short, I'm appalled, or in my wife's words, "bullpucky"!
>
><snip>--------------
>
>You will find that, apart from the awards from major websites
>like yahoo or pc magazine, these "awards" are free for the taking.
>You apply, they give you the award, no questions asked. Sometimes they
>don't even visit your site.

Please, don't take me wrong!  I am not knocking All Award Sites, but the
attitude of a Marketing Company giving awards to pull users makes me want to
puke!  (sorry)

Also, when a site that promotes their awards on the premis of accessibility,
and a check with Bobby takes 5 minutes , and when their award member's site
is viewed with LYNX, and the first page is nothing but
[link][link][image][link]....  Even their award image doesn't show with
LYNX, except for [link].