RE: pop up windows help

by "Gary Bonham" <Gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:27:10 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
One minor suggestion...

If you add the following to your JS:

     function ShowWind(sFileName) {
       winLoad = window.open(...);
       if (winLoad) {
         winLoad.focus();
       }

then if the window is already in existence, but covered by another
window (like the browser itself), then the "focus" will bring it
to the top so you will see it. Since you cannot make a browser
window stay on top, it's easy to lose these small popup windows.
then when you click on a button again which is supposed to bring
it up, the user is confused if it doesn't appear.

Gary

ow.open(