Re: search engines

by "Weatherly Morgan" <weatherly(at)weathervanegraphics.com>

 Date:  Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:58:15 -0500
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mike,
    I'm no expert, but I've read that your title tag should be ahead of any
meta tags in your heading. You probably want to move that up and add some
more descriptive text to the body of your home page. Some say a word count
of 400 to 800 is ideal. I think that's asking for a lot in some cases, but
it seems like the more text on your home page the better.
    Your keywords seem a bit vague to me, but I don't have any better
suggestions. http://www.marketposition.com/ has a keyword generator with a
free trial. Maybe it will help.
    The only other thing I can think of, and if it's the case it could be
your main problem, is the possibility that bizland clients could be getting
penalized by the search engines/directories. Does anyone else know if this
is the case? I would strongly recommend you get a domain name.

=Weatherly=