Re: Mac/PC

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:49:13 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gardenia:

There is no real difference between Mac and PC except the obvious colorfully
esthetic advantage of PC's interfaces. [A-hemmm]

Now that the "BS" is out of the way, I suspect it may well be the difference
in the way the user defaults are set up in the browsers. Both operating
systems allow the browser itself to pretty much call the shots.

The first thing I would do would be to go to TOOLS> INTERNET OPTIONS and
check each of the tabbed screens to be sure they were the same. Especially
the "Advanced" user options.

The closest I can come to your situation, is one fellow R/C model airplane
club member that still uses a Mac 8 or some such. We both use IE-5 and in
several conversations over time, we appear to be seeing exactly the same
things.

This similarity may be however, due to our discussions on printing
backgrounds and other work/viewing coordination's related to our club's web
site: www.ramac-rc.org

But to reiterate, there should be no significant difference between the two
operating systems. Between Netscape and IE--yes. But not between Mac and PC.
(Depending on monitor brightness/contrast settings of course.)
Granted--there have been people who mentioned differences but usually those
differences are caused
in some manner, by the user, not the OS.

So--if after all the defaults have been made the same--you still have the
problem ?? Do what the rest of us do in secret --- Bawl like a baby--then
console ourselves with chocolate ice cream.

(Of course, you may also get more meaningful replies from some of the
others.)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA