Re: Forms, Forms, Forms - again

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:42:11 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Alice:

The simple way to stop FrontPage from adding something on it's own is to use
a different Bot. Use the one called "Insert HTML"

I use FP-98 so there may be slight differences in FP2K.

First, delete the code you don't want. (Double check that it was in the
proper place in your form and be sure the cursor remains at that location.)

Then go to the "Insert" menu and click on "FrontPage Component".

In the screen that comes up with the field of choices, click on "Insert
HTML".

A blank field will come up and you simply type or paste the code that the
others gave you. Then click OK

This code will be represented by a small yellow rectangle in the Normal view
and FrontPage will leave it strictly alone. To edit the code later, just
right-click on the rectangle and choose "Properties".

Of course--as has already been mentioned--the "Post" method will not work in
ALL browsers but thankfully, the percentage of browsers - servers - etc. not
supporting this has shrunk to near insignificance. (The only one still using
such a dinosaur will of course, be your client. Wiry grin??)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net