Re: pdf files

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:39:42 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Julie:

> Could someone tell me how to embed a .pdf file into an html document?
> Any
> and all help is greatly appreciated!

What kind of .pdf file?? Is it just plain text or are there images as well.
Or--are you looking to "insert/embed/place" the file as an object??

Or perhaps, simply make the file available for download from a web page??

Example: I receive a weekly PDF feed from our Board of Supervisors for
inclusion in a page in my magazine. It is all text. In this case, I open the
.pdf file in Acrobat Reader and use it's OCR capability [the little abc
icon] to select the text I want and use Control-C to copy on a Windows
machine.

I then call up FrontPage with a copy of the page. Place the curser where you
desire the copied text to appear and use Control-V. FrontPage has an
automatic filter to convert the text. That's all there is to it.

If you don't have FrontPage, it gets a little more involved -- but not much.
Acrobat and Microsoft Office products work well together. The text can also
be pasted into raw code.

However--before either I, or others, go on ad nausea-um over How To's of the
many possibilities, it would help to know exactly what you had in mind.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net