Re: anchors in IE 4

by "Peter Newton" <c-newton(at)ihug.co.nz>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:45:25 +1200
 To:  "sfreed" <sfreed(at)doubled.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hello Satch,

 Well I am using MSIE 4.01 and found the exact tags you supplied worked just
fine. The most likely problem is an html syntax problem causing the browser
to become confused. Try out the links in a simple html file if that works
you might want to validate the html page or start commenting out sections to
locate the problem area. One step comes to mind that I would try would be to
comment out EVERYTHING between the anchors and put in a load of <BR>'s or
something in and see if it works then?
But I am pretty sure its a syntax problem somewhere.

One other point I seem to remember from earlier messages is a problem
occuring with an "Empty" tag
so perhaps also try:-

 <A name="top">TAG</A>

Hope something works