Re: validating Javascript

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:17:26 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Lori Eldridge" <lorield(at)uswest.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Layers are proprietary to Netscape and are therefore not going to validate.
This was Netscape's answer to no CSS.

If you check Netscape 6 PR2, IE 4+ and Opera you will find support for
CSS1/2 and XML.

IFRAME is, I believe HTML 4.01 compliant and should validate.  Check the DOM
at W3C.

If you must use browser specific tags you should have a section that detects
the browser type and diverts to workaround code for other browsers.  This
will make the page degrade better.