Re: Is this all really worth it? (Was: More DTD)

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:34:59 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Not natively...we use EditPlus and, lately, Homesite.  I did, however,
modify many of DW's configuration files to produce more compliant code, such
as adding the space-and-slash to empty elements, summary attributes to
tables, etc.

From: "Gregor Pirnaver" <gregor.pirnaver(at)email.si>

> Now here is my problem, I just spent over 20 hours of
> transitioning my code to be XHTML 1.0 Trans compliant but
> as soon as I make an update, something gets messed up and
> I spend hours trying to fix it while maintaining the
> ability to use Dreamweaver to keep updating the pages.

Does Dreamweaver support (write?) XHTML?
Note that you can use Tidy to translate HTML to XHTML.

HTH
--
Gregor @ Mandrake 7.2 -> KDE 2.0 -> Kmail 1.1.99 -> ;-)