Re: Scrolling text

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 3 May 2000 11:36:59 -0400
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Brian Vondette" <bvondette(at)wyndamgroup.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> what is the tag syntax for scrolling text?  How about blinking text? What
> browsers support it?  Do email clients like eudora or outlook support it?

I don't know about scrolling, but for blinking text, it is simply
<blink>your text here</blink>.  It is a Netscape 'extended' element and does
not work in IE or WebTV (both owned by Microsoft).

If there is a element for scrolling, it is also an extended element from a
particular browser since HTML doesn't have a mechanism for either function,
therefore both are not valid HTML.

Steven A.