RE: defining table size

by "Deb Campbell" <dmcampbell(at)astpcola.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:51:46 -0500
 To:  <rkelleher(at)iel.ie>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I am new to this list, and sorta new to HTML, but I believe the answer to
this would be to define each table column by percentages (setting a width to
the table data).

For example, in a table with WIDTH="100%, you could make each column a
certain width, as long all the columns add up to 100%, i.e, TD WIDTH="33%",
TD WIDTH="33%" and TD WIDTH="34%" (or two columns with widths of 70 and 30,
or 60 and 40; four with 25 each; etc.

Unless I misunderstood this, setting percentages like this should keep your
sizes from being altered.

Deb