Re: password protect

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 15 May 2001 18:56:02 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dusty:

It all depends how "secure" you need this to be. There are CGI scripts, full
blown Java, JavaScript applets and ASP, just to name a few.

Perhaps the simplest way is to obtain a copy of CoffeeCup's Password Applet
Wizard. http://www.coffeecup.com/

You have to buy it to get the "class file" that makes it work on the web but
it is very inexpensive, easy to use, (So foolproof, even I can do it), and
works like a charm. However, like almost all of them, an experienced hacker
can get around it without too much trouble.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net