Re: Wrap text around images.

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:46:42 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Dave

Assuming you're coding in HTML 4.0 Transitional (rather than Strict with
CSS, which I'm still learning :-) ), if you add ALIGN="LEFT" or
ALIGN="RIGHT" to the IMG tag, the image will float to the left or right of
the screen (or whatever it's contained in), and any following material will
be placed alongside it and will wrap underneath it.  If you have a
paragraph of text you want to sit alongside the image, but don't want
anything after that to wrap round it, use <br clear="left"> (to stop items
wrapping round an image on the left, "right" to stop things wrapping round
an image on the right, or "all" to ensure that the next item sits below all
"floated" images).  The same align values work for tables too, with the
same effect.

HTH!

Regards,
Donna