RE: hwg-basics-digest V1 #559

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:29:44 -0600
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
"Linux doesn't come with Verdana as part of its default font set (no
> surprise, given that Verdana is a Microsoft creation). However, Linux
> does come with a font called Lucida which looks like, feels like, and
> (to me) is indistinguishable from Verdana."

Actually, given Microsoft's propensity as a copycat, it ought to be pointed
out that Lucida is likely to be the lead font sitting in your  printer's
typecase, and Verdana is a re-write of it by Microsoft in order to avoid
copyright problems.

Elias