RE: Table Troubles

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:44:48 -0500
 To:  "'Nancy Rood'" <nrood(at)northweb.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<snip>
> second one (ugh) I am trying to make the row span attribute
> to "2" and nothing I do seems to work.
</snip>

Hi Nancy,

In both Netscape 4.7 and IE5 I see a standard table grid on top of a 2nd
table with a background color that uses both row spans and column spans.

rows 1 has 4 equal-sized cells
row 2 has 2 equal-sized cells occupying the same width as row 1
row 3 has the 1st cell rowspan=2, the remaining 3 cells of equal size
row  4 has the remaining 3 cells matching the row above

The 2 browsers are not sizing the cells exactly the same, but then, they
never do, even when you define the sizes!

Good luck!
kali
kaliajer(at)mail.com