Re: Spelling and Grammar skills.

by "Andrew Angelopoulos" <angelopoulos(at)csi.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:59:00 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hye (oops) hey!

People, it seems, hate to take the 15 seconds it takes to proofread
something.

Usually just a quick re-read will do. You'll spot the typos. One trick, for
short text, is to read it backwards. You'll notice missing and misspelled
words.

And if you are not sure about the spelling, look it up. My favorite site is
www.m-w.com, with Collegiate Online Dictionary and Thesaurus. Books? The
Elements of Style and the "big" edition of Webster's. Together, they don't
cost more than a cheesy HTML editor.

Andrew