Re: Strict DTD a new twist

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Sun, 7 Jan 2001 07:45:34 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I think it pretty safe to speculate that in the near future, screens are
> going to be getting smaller, many new "Internet devises" are going to be
> hitting the main stream that actually bring "any time any where" Internet
> access into the realms of reality.
>
> Something has to give.

 I don't agree.   These little devices may get capable enough, but will
people really want to surf the web and even buy things from a very tiny
screen?  I seriously doubt it.

  I think it's like video phones.  That was something that was touted first
in science fiction, then TV and movies and finally even the phone companies
started talking about it.  It was suppossed to happen years ago, but to this
day I cannot walk up to a pay phone and see my my in-laws at home in
anorther part of the country.  It really wasn't practical.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net