Re: Active Server Page Surprise

by "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:38:43 -0800
 To:  "Christopher Higgs" <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks Chris,

There is absolutely nothing on these pages that would indicate that this is
anything other that plain ole, plain ole, HTML. The current Web site service
provider has done everything possible to make this basic site as complicated
as they can. The client is furious with them and wants out, but is cemented
by a contract. I'd love to do a straight forward and honest site for them,
but it seems our hands are tied --at least for now. <g>

Now, please tell me, since I don't have FTP access to original files at this
point, why is it that downloading the source page and saving it to obtain a
copy of the code won't work? I've never had any problem doing this in the
past --the goofy thing just has an asp ending.

By the way, there are no <%  ... %> tags. Just plain old HTML, like I said.
Do you think I have a chance fooling with their code?

I know I'm being critically ignorant here --this is my first exposure to
ASP, and possibly, a not-so-nice service provider. Your comment is greatly
appreciated, and I learn fast...

Thanks,
Lauren