Re: "./" files

by "Richard and Jolene Johnson" <jonric(at)tx3.net>

 Date:  Sun, 3 Feb 2002 09:38:44 -0800
 To:  "JOHN GAMBLE" <JOHNG(at)acumen.sagehost.co.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
John,
If you have several web sites, you need to have several web hosting accounts
in order for each to be accessible by *index.html* in the root.  And each
site to have its domain name registered.  If you are using a free web host
like Tripod or Homestead, you just create a free account for each site you
want to upload.

If you wish to host all your sites in one account, you can make a folder
called *site2* for instance, and within that folder, you can name your main
page index.html.  Then your file path would be
www.yoursite.com/site2/index.html.  I use this method sometimes to test a
site before I put it up at its own URL.   I hope this answers your question.
If not, or if it leads to more, just send another post.

Jolene