search engines

by "David Frenzel" <davidf(at)ispchannel.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:47:30 -0700
 To:  "Hwg-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi.  I am looking for strategies/companies to improve my positioning on
search engines.  My company provides high speed Internet access via cable
modems.  I have submitted my long and short descriptions, as well as a list
of keywords for my site, and yet it still doesn't come up very high (or at
all)  when I do searches under these keywords.  I've just rewritten my
descriptions and keywords and would appreciate your advice/feedback on this.
Thanks!

Descriptions
ISP Channel is the fastest way to surf the Internet.  With ISP Channel and a
cable modem, there's no more  waiting as you surf your favorite sites - 27
words

ISP Channel is the fastest way to surf the Internet.  ISP Channel, a cable
modem and your TV cable is all you need to surf 10 times faster than with
56K! - 31 words

Surf the Internet faster than ever with ISP Channel, a cable modem and your
TV cable!  Surf up to 10 times faster than with 56K - 25 words

ISP Channel is the fastest way to surf the Internet.  With ISP Channel and a
cable modem you can surf the Internet up to 10 times faster than with 56K.
Be more productive, download large files in a flash, enjoy CD quality music
and streaming video - without the wait! - 49 words

Surf the Internet faster than ever with ISP Channel, a cable modem and your
TV cable!  Now you can surf the Internet up to 10 times faster than with
56K.  Get the full Internet experience.  Download large files in a flash,
enjoy streaming audio and video - without the wait! - 49 words

ISP Channel puts an end to the Internet wait.  With ISP Channel, a cable
modem and your TV cable you can now surf the Internet up to 10 times faster
than with 56K.  Be more productive, enjoy faster downloads, listen to CD
quality music and view streaming video - without the wait! - 51 words

Keywords
ISP Channel
Internet Service Provider
Internet