Re: Mac-NN-No Logo& Background

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:49:48 +0100
 To:  <RoseyClearlite(at)netscape.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Rosey

The problem isn't a PC/Mac one - it's down to whether or not you view your
pages on the machine you created the web pages on.  In the initial pages on
your website, the images references are pointing to file locations on your
PC.  For example, from your index page:

BACKGROUND="file:///C:/AAA_Web/graphics/clearlite/slate.gif"

Whereas, in the pages where the images display correctly, the reference
properly points to a web location.  For example in your Vitamin A page:

BACKGROUND="http://www.clearlite.com/graphics/clearlite/slate.gif"

So when you view your pages on the PC where you created them, the file
references work, whereas on any other machine, they obviously won't.  :-)

All you need to do is fix those references so they point to the correct
locations on your server, and all should be well.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk